John is a professional comedian, improviser and tutor. Through character comedy, improvisation and training workshops, John is fascinated by communication all it’s forms.
He’s performed in hundreds of theatres around the UK and internationally as part of the CSz Manchester improv troupe.
He has delivered workshops on how to use humour in business presentations, taking part in the BBC2 series ‘The Speaker’ and the BBC New Comedy Awards.
John is author of Present Yourself! – An illustrated guide to speaking in public and building confidence and the host of the ‘Bring a Brick’ podcast.
John performs stand up all over the UK, and is recognised mostly when in character as Danny Pensive.
- “Uncanny accuracy and unerring honesty” – The List
- “His audience interaction is flawless” – The Skinny
- “Cutting wit…an hour well spent” – Three Weeks
- “An infectious delight” – Fringe Guru
- “Vic and Bob meets Samuel Beckett” – Artsfest
- “Gloriously deadpan and very funny” – South Wales Post
- “A must-go-see comedy highlight” – Buxton Fringe
- “a superb creation…brilliantly done” – BBC
- “An mix of sublime innocence and lateral observation.” – Cheltenham Greenbelt Festival
- “Catch this comic idiot savant before Vic ‘n’ Bob snap him up” – The List
- “There’s more to him than meet the eye” – Three Weeks
- “You could almost imagine Harry Hill doing it” -Ed Byrne
- “The audience cheered him to the rafters.” – Kendal Calling Festival
John is also an accomplished illustrator. His illustration work has been exhibited in UK galleries, and featured in print and TV productions.